Friday, April 21, 2017

Revising

As an academic author, one thing one does a lot is waiting. Sometimes I have found myself waiting six or even twelve months for reviewer comments after submitting a paper. When I finally get them, I tend to put everything else aside and quickly resubmit to the journal.

This time around, I have not been able to do that due to a rather insane teaching load. Every time I have returned to the manuscript I have been interrupted by something new calling for my immediate attention. Fortunately, I have been able to keep a few days next week clear of other duties so hopefully I will be able to finally get some work done then.

Outside, there is still snow but one can really tell that spring is underway. Last night, when I was marking exams in the sofa, I was surprised to see that it is already bright until 9 p.m. Very soon, there will not be any night left.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home