Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Antipodean Beerenauslese

Today, my wine journey took an unexpected turn as I picked up a pinot gris from the South Island without noticing a subtle “late picked” on the label. With pronounced botrytis influence, the wine was an absolute mismatch to my truffle mushroom pasta but heavenly delightful later with an improvised cheese plate (with was really improvised considering that it featured Billinge).

Earlier today I met my new thesis students for the first time. In line with tradition, the topics this time are very broad, reaching from the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty to the governance of elderly care in Scandinavia. While it may be the most challenging course to teach since I never really know what to expect, it is by far the most rewarding for precisely the same reason as I have to get up to speed with a range of new subjects every semester which effectively prevents any stagnation.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home