Sunday, December 13, 2009

Liminal character

Waiting for the flight back through Switzerland. An airfield small enough to not hide the liminal character of the journey in mall-like consumption and unending concourses. Instead, the windows here leave me with all the visual evidence that my 40 hours of intermission in Florence are coming to an end.

I transfer the pictures from my digital camera; there is a Buffyesque graveyard in the foreground and the rest is of course what you would expect. It was a nice walk up there to San Miniato al Monte. And being here was just as uncomplicated "good" as it can be sometimes when things are passing.

//

As for the EUI, it was actually much like I had expected. An incredibly beautiful setting in Fiesole, talented people and a sense of college-like isolation. Tomorrow I will be in Gothenburg finishing my post-doc application and then on Wednesday it is time for my “slutseminarium”, the last major checkpoint before the viva in June.

1 Comments:

Blogger meditations71 said...

Fantastisk vy över en stad jag hoppas se en vacker dag. (En av mina fd professorer vid ASU spenderade ett år vid EUI på mitten av 1990-talet och slutade aldrig tala om hur underbart det var).

Lycka till med slutseminarium.

8:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home