Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Trenitalia

As a seasoned traveller one knows that appearance is everything. Setting off from Gothenburg I was dressed in jeans, a white shirt and a blazer. Together with my ff-card that gave me a nice dinner with Lufthansa and a relaxing flight in business-class. Now, the same attire is an obvious disadvantage as I find myself *standing* through the night on three different regional trains in northern Italy.

The whereabouts of this post are distinctively absurd. It is 3:42 a.m. and I have two more hours to go until Venezia S.L. where I will change trains for Ljubljana. Though I have a seat reservation, a group of people were already sleeping in the compartment when I boarded. And some basic manners say that you do not wake up people in the middle of the night and take their seats. Thus standing, holding the Klapprechner in my arms, implying that the end of this post is imminent. So please, do not think that I always travel in style :-)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabriel said...

Oh, a delayed post... Although I assume you are already on your way uphill Mt Triglav, should you by any chance encounter any of our pionir friends, kiss them for me! And bring home some šnops!

6:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home