Friday, June 22, 2007

Halušky midsummer

On midsummer's eve, my Viennese friend Markus and I decided to take the train to the Slovakian capital. It is a quick 7 euro ride with die Wiesel and a good way for me to slowly reduce my daily intake of Eastern Europe :-)
In Bratislava we had the Slovakian-Hungarian speciality of Halušky, in fact very similar to the local food from where I come in Sweden ("kroppkakor") but the Slovakian edition does not come in the shape of dumplings. We also went strolling through the old town, had coffee at a place called Hemingway's. All very postmodern.
This has to be short post since my internet minutes are running out but I would just like to wish you all a very happy midsummer! And take care, especially if you are going somewhere where the internet may not be as allgegenwärtig as in Britain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gabriel said...

Great to hear! Marvellous that the flag is carried on a few days more. Even before I read about Prague I can promise a special award for the strict adhearance to your "nulla dies sine linea" policy. I was also considering a bronze statue, but since the freakout incident, no can do...

12:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home